Friday, August 3, 2012

Had the coffee and cream yesterday, but avoided the siren song of the macaroon - yay! Lunch was the food I had brought with me the previous day - penne pasta, sausage n' peppers, a cucumber and white cherries. Snacked on some pepitas at the end of the day, then bought a peach n' raspberry yoghurt parfait at Starbucks. Overpriced and so SOUR! eek. Also got an oatmeal raisin cookie for the kiddies' snack (I was picking them up yesterday). Got to the car to pick up the kids and discovered I didn't have my car key. Words cannot describe the stress....waited for bus. It was late. As usual. Words cannot...ate half the (large) oatmeal raisin cookie in pure stress and frustration. Ugh.

Then discovered I had my key. Got in the car. Hit every red light on the way to the daycare (no, I'm not joking). Driving kids home I wanted to go to McDonald's and give them a treat. Stress level very high. Would have been so easy to give my son a Jr. chicken burger, fries and soda....but no. I am following the blog http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/about/ and she is very much against wasting money on fast food (she's a self described cheapo - I love it!). And, of course, she heartily advocates cooking food yourself, to be healthy and save money. So I resisted - yes, I resisted! Came home, flopped on couch while kids cried. Finally roused myself to nurse the baby. Then prepared pasta and cheese and cucumbers. Yes, the same thing as the day before. So sue me.

Hubby oversaw the kids eating, I was dead exhausted. Kids were running around like crazy so he took them out to play - yay! That woke me up, I rearranged furniture, got stuff out of storage, started organizing this and that (yes, that's what I do when I'm tired!). Kids came back. Did I eat anything during all this? Not sure. Finally got kids to bed around 9:30, chatted with hubby, finished organizing clothes, stumbled to kitchen and started making food around 10:30 pm. Red curry shrimp with rice. Too watery but still tasty. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment